It's no lie I have had a bit of bad luck when it comes to vehicles and myself. This lovely event occurred the second to last day of school. The prime way to start a summer. I had been going to a pharmacy to build up intern hours for school. The place I went was a bit sketchy. There was more than one time I came out of the pharmacy to find people slammed up against cop cars. I was already a bit on edge about my whereabouts.
Now randomly on this day it rains; and let me tell you there is nothing to put desert folk into a tailspin like a bit of water. This rain wasn't typical rain- it came, it poured hardcore like, and it disappeared.
I was driving along, most excited about my new found freedom when it happened. There are two turning lanes to get onto the southbound freeway and I choose the far right one. The arrow turns green so I go to go and my car is a little slow off the mark. I start to turn and I see something at my right. It's coming fast and it's in the form of a big blue truck. Next thing I know I've been hit and all I can think about doing is trying to get off of the road. The little chameleon (my car) wasn't handling it. It was unable to move.
White dust everywhere, hurt shoulder, neck pain, weird knee and other bruises, random people in my grill- I was in an internal tussle. Then the technicalities of such an event......
Life story thus far in Las Vegas= Part I: bike vs. car; part II: car vs. car. The only other epic battles I need to take on are scooter vs. car and pedestrian vs. car. My kids will be proud. Even more proud to know I lost all battles.
There's the story- now here's the hindsight. Once again I had heavenly help. I don't believe my car "accidentally" sputtered right before that green light. If it wouldn't have sputtered the truck would have t-boned me instead of hitting the front part of the passenger side. The truck hit my car so hard and shifted the front so I couldn't open my door. Bad things happen but worse things could. There is always someone taking care of us; end of story.